A very tasty and delicious soup ready in a hurry..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb italian sausage removed from casing (Can also use ground beef)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 head cabbage, core removed and the rest sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup rice
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown the sausage or ground beef in a small amount of olive oil.
- 2Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and saute until starting to soften.
- 3Add the tomatoes to a blender and blend until smooth.
- 4Add tomatoes, broth, and cabbage to soup.
- 5Cook 15 minutes, then add the rice.
- 6Cook another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is done and the cabbage is cooked as you like.
- 7Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- 8If soup is too thick, add more broth.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage, Sausage and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 540.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: