This recipe is a variation of one from my husband’s family. The first time I heard of “cabbage salsa”, I must admit that I thought it sounded a little strange. But I was blown away when I tried it! This is fabulous with chips, or as a condiment for tacos, etc. It's the best!
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/2 of a cored head)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 serrano peppers, minced (seeds in for spicy, seeds removed for mild)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- garlic salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients and mix well. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.