Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
An oriental-style cabbage salad, based on a recipe by Karen Martini. Goes well with almost any oriental main dish. Does not keep well, so try to serve immediately after preparation.
- 1 green chili pepper
- 10 brown button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small cabbage
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 8 cm white radishes (daikon or rettich)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lime
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 bunch Thai basil
- 2 sprigs dill
- 5 sprigs mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chilli and mushrooms finely. Shred the cabbage finely. Cut the ginger and radish in fine slivers. Chop the garlic finely. Juice the lime.
- Combine oil, soy sauce, chili, and mushrooms; stir. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients (for the herbs only the leaves; discard the stems) in a big bowl and toss.