1 hr 20 mins
TexasGal #2's Note:
I received this recipe suggestion in my local CSA box and with just a few alterations this is our new favorite coleslaw recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and pitted
- 1 small jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice of, about 3 tablespoons
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml light sour cream
- 1Toss cabbage, bell pepper, onion, and black beans in a large bowl.
- 2In a food processor, place garlic, avocados, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and sour cream.
- 3Process until smooth and season to taste.
- 4Spoon dressing onto cabbage mixture and stir. Continue adding dressing just until cabbage is lightly coated. You may have extra dressing, which is great served as a dip or sandwich spread.
- 5Chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Salad With Black Beans and Avocado Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 324.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g