Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe suggestion in my local CSA box and with just a few alterations this is our new favorite coleslaw recipe.
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and pitted
- 1 small jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice of, about 3 tablespoons
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml light sour cream
- Toss cabbage, bell pepper, onion, and black beans in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, place garlic, avocados, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and sour cream.
- Process until smooth and season to taste.
- Spoon dressing onto cabbage mixture and stir. Continue adding dressing just until cabbage is lightly coated. You may have extra dressing, which is great served as a dip or sandwich spread.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.