Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I received this recipe suggestion in my local CSA box and with just a few alterations this is our new favorite coleslaw recipe.
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and pitted
- 1 small jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice of, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Toss cabbage, bell pepper, onion, and black beans in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, place garlic, avocados, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and sour cream.
- Process until smooth and season to taste.
- Spoon dressing onto cabbage mixture and stir. Continue adding dressing just until cabbage is lightly coated. You may have extra dressing, which is great served as a dip or sandwich spread.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.