Recipe by LAURIE
A staple at potlucks once I started bringing it. Very different from the usual cabbage salads. From my friend Maribeth who got me hooked. Try it! Cook Time is chilling time and to save time I always buy the packaged cabbage mix.
Top Review by cindy49
This was great--quick and easy to make and a bonus of less than 100 calories. The color and texture were beautiful. Everyone loved it. Only change was that the bag of cabbage mix had a bit more than the 4 ½ cups called for so I threw the extra in too. I cut up my grilled chicken and mixed it together on my plate, which tasted wonderful--so you could add chicken to the recipe for a change.
- 4 1⁄2 cups shredded red cabbage or 4 1⁄2 cups green cabbage
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced including tops
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar whole baby mushroom
- 3 ounces chicken-flavored ramen noodles, with seasoning packet
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vegetables, (1st 5 ingredients) in a large serving bowl.
- Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, pepper and the seasoning packet from the noodles together in a separate bowl.
- Mix together with the vegetables and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Right before serving, break the dry noodles up into pieces and add to the salad along with the almonds and seeds.
- Serve immediately.