Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been in my collection. I like to serve it to men that hate cold slaw or other cabbage salads. Many times they ask their wives to get the recipe.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 0.5 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in order given.
- Add dressing just before serving. (However I have added the dressing earlier in the day, stored in the refrigerator. The noodles aren't quite as crunchy but still good, just stir to mix well before serving).
This salad is yummy. I used splenda in place of the sugar and it cuts a few calories without hurting the taste.
I have made this twice. LOVE this recipe. I like the crunchies, so I've been using the whole ramen packet. Don't have any Accent seasoning, so have left that out. I've had so much cabbage to use this summer, and this recipe has been a great help.