Recipe by jackieblue
There are quite a few versions of this, but this one by a colleague in my office is a bit lighter and so delicious!
- 453.59 g bagshredded coleslaw mix
- 85.04 g package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed in bag (but not pulverized, just break into pieces)
- 4-6 scallions, chopped
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds (my colleague sometimes uses cashews)
- 59.14 ml light margarine (or margarine or butter)
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 0.59 ml Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar, or whatever to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in pan over medium heat.
- Add crushed ramen noodles and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add nuts, sesame seeds, and flavor packet from Ramen noodles.
- Cook until all is lightly browned.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Combine cabbage, scallion, and cooled noodle mixture.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Add baked or roasted chicken if you wish to make a complete meal.