There are quite a few versions of this, but this one by a colleague in my office is a bit lighter and so delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed in bag (but not pulverized, just break into pieces)
- 4 -6 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (my colleague sometimes uses cashews)
- 1/4 cup light margarine (or margarine or butter)
- 1Melt margarine in pan over medium heat.
- 2Add crushed ramen noodles and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add nuts, sesame seeds, and flavor packet from Ramen noodles.
- 4Cook until all is lightly browned.
- 5Allow mixture to cool.
- 6Combine cabbage, scallion, and cooled noodle mixture.
- 7Add dressing and toss well.
- 8Add baked or roasted chicken if you wish to make a complete meal.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Salad - Light and Tasty!
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.3
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 477.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: