Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There are quite a few versions of this, but this one by a colleague in my office is a bit lighter and so delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) bagshredded coleslaw mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed in bag (but not pulverized, just break into pieces)
- 4 -6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (my colleague sometimes uses cashews)
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine (or margarine or butter)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar, or whatever to taste)
- Melt margarine in pan over medium heat.
- Add crushed ramen noodles and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add nuts, sesame seeds, and flavor packet from Ramen noodles.
- Cook until all is lightly browned.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Combine cabbage, scallion, and cooled noodle mixture.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Add baked or roasted chicken if you wish to make a complete meal.