Recipe by desireepeterson
This cabbage salad is very flexible, and very tasty! It's one of those salads where you can't stay out of it! You can add just about any vegetable you'd like. There are many variations of this recipe. I got this version from a coworker. This recipe is vegetarian, but be sure you read the ingredients on your Ramen Noodles. Not all oriental-flavored noodles are vegetarian. For non-vegetarians, I've heard of adding chicken instead of the tofu. Enjoy!
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up the cabbage, almonds, broccoli, red bell pepper. Break up the Ramen noodles.
- Put it all, with the Craisins, in a big bowl.
- Combine the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, seasoning packets, sugar, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Marinade tofu in the dressing for a few hours (if you have time.) Then, pour dressing and tofu over vegetables.
- As the salad ages, it gets tastier, so making this dish the day before is not a bad idea.