Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful summer salad. Great for any barbecue or family picnic!
- 1 (1 lb) packageof cabbage coleslaw mix
- 2 packages ramen noodles, broken into small pieces- discard flavor packet
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 small onions or 1 shallot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- Break up Ramen while still in the bag (discard the flavor packet inside).
- In a dry frying pan, at medium heat, toast ramen pieces and almonds for 5-6 minutes.
- Put coleslaw and onion in mixing bowl and add ramen mixture to the bowel.
- Mix dressing, shake well and add to the cabbage mixture.
- *Tip:some people like to add dressing right before serving.
- I prefer to put it in immediately and let the ramen and cabbage marinate in the vinaigrette.
This was so very, very good. I have made other salads with the ramen noodles, but never toasted them, and the dressing was so good, I think it was the soy sauce, and i am not a soy lover but it sure is good in this recipe. I used the red wine vinegar and didn't have slivered almonds so so used sliced, and it works for me. Dh said he could make this his main dish. Thank You we will make again and again. #1