Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good way to use up all those hard boiled eggs from Easter! It's really good. Got this from my mother in law about 30 years ago and forgot I had it, but made it recently and everyone loved it.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, i use part green cabbage and part savoy cabbage
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I usually use a strong dijon mustard)
- 2 teaspoons melted oleo (can use liquid "I can't believe it's not butter)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (I use salad vinegar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the cabbage into several parts, and wash it well.
- Remove wilted or tough leaves.
- Cut out the core and chop fine with a sharp knife.
- Cook the eggs hard.
- Chop them very fine.
- Put cabbage into a salad bowl and add the chopped eggs, and toss and fold lightly.
- Mix the sugar, salt, pepper, mustard, and vinegar together.
- Pour over the cabbage and eggs.
- Toss well.
- Refridgerate overnight.
Very good and quite a change from any salad I've had before! Thanks for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
Really enjoyed this salad! I halved the recipe and it came out great. A very simple salad and pretty too, with a nice combination of textures and flavors - thanks for sharing!