Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cabbage Salad is a very delicious and healthy food, rich of vitamin C. This salad can be a wonderful snack or delicious appetizer
- 1 head about 1 1/2 pounds cabbage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large apple, peeled and cored
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons carrots, shavings
- parsley sprig (and or thin wedges of red-skinned apples)
- Cut the cabbage in half and carve out the core.
- Using a long sharp knife, cut the cabbage into julienne strips. Discard the thicker ribs of the cabbage leaves.
- Sprinkle the cabbage with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and rub the strips with your hands to make them softer and juicier.
- Cut the onion and apple into julienne strips and combine with the cabbage, mayonnaise, and carrot shavings.
- Add salt and sugar to taste, then chill before serving.