Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my mother. It has been one of my favorites since I was a child.
Make and share this Cabbage Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 large cabbage, shredded
- 3 -4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, crumbled,reserve flavor seasoning packet
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Toast sesame seeds and almonds in oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix, sugar, salad oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and seasoning package to make salad dressing.
- Combine all ingredients and toss at the last minute.
Great flavors! I used Japanese vinegar instead of wine vinegar- it's milder in flavor. Also, I toasted the crumbled noodles, almonds and sesame seeds together in a skillet on the stove until it was lightly browned - made it crispier. Also, added some slivered red bell peppers for color. Beautiful, colorful salad with a tart, sweet flavor.
This was another of my holiday salads and one everyone enjoyed. I made as posted using chicken flavored oriental noodles. The toasted almonds and sesame seeds made for great flavor and the crunch I love in a salad. It's already on the pot luck list! Thank you.
I sorta adjusted it to a similar recipie I had a long time ago. But this was great. Thanks so much for havin on. =)