Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Abigail's Food Recipes.
Top Review by mersaydees
Wow! Delicious and very quick to put together. I used undiluted condensed tomato soup out of a can and I would probably do that again. Thanks, Lavender Lynn! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap 46 as a recipenap.
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄3 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 6 cabbage leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the hamburger well with salt and pepper and add the egg. Mix well.
- Mix in rice.
- To make sauce, melt the butter; add the onion; add the tomato soup with an equal amount of water.
- Add the parsley, celery, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes.
- Wash the cabbage leaves and boil until tender.
- Put 2 tablespoons meat mixture in each leaf and roll tightly.
- Secure each roll with a toothpick.
- Place in a saucepan; pour sauce over rolls.
- Cover pan tightly and cook slowly for 3 hours.
- Serve very hot.