Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another nice way to enjoy cabbage rolls with the added bonus of having the potatoes cooked right along with them. Makes a nice soup.
- Parboil whole cabbage for 10 minutes or until you can separate leaves.
- Save the water in kettle.
- Mix together hamburger, eggs, green pepper, onions, rice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roll hamburger mixture in cabbage leaves, might have to use toothpicks to hold together.
- Put cabbage rolls back into water you parboiled cabbage in.
- Pour 1 can of tomato sauce over top and cook on low to medium heat for about one hour.
- Put potatoes on top of cabbage rolls and pour remaining can of tomato sauce over them.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.