Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Another nice way to enjoy cabbage rolls with the added bonus of having the potatoes cooked right along with them. Makes a nice soup.
- Parboil whole cabbage for 10 minutes or until you can separate leaves.
- Save the water in kettle.
- Mix together hamburger, eggs, green pepper, onions, rice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roll hamburger mixture in cabbage leaves, might have to use toothpicks to hold together.
- Put cabbage rolls back into water you parboiled cabbage in.
- Pour 1 can of tomato sauce over top and cook on low to medium heat for about one hour.
- Put potatoes on top of cabbage rolls and pour remaining can of tomato sauce over them.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.