Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Who wants to bother boiling cabbage leaves and rolling up ground beef? Ouch! Those leaves are hot! This no-fuss recipe tastes just as good!
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef (precook and drain higher fat content beef)
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- Crumble uncooked lean ground beef in crock pot.
- Mix in onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove core from cabbage and cut into wedges.
- Arrange cabbage over meat mixture.
- Pour tomato sauce over cabbage.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Note: may be converted to 2-3 hour stovetop method in dutch oven but recommend precooking ground beef with onion and garlic.
What a simple recipe, and I really like it! Sometimes simple isn't tasty, but this one is. I don't even look at the recipe anymore, just put enough for myself in one pot and enjoy it. Thank you for sharing this!
Overall, very tasty with good flavors. I would have to customize it a bit for my own taste. There was too much sauce for me, but as I stated, this is simply my preference. However, much easier than making traditional cabbage rolls, and a lovely addition to the site. Thanks Dave