These are my favorite cabbage rolls and what a bonus to put them in the crock pot before I go to work and dinner is ready when I get home. You can make them the night before and keep refrigerated until morning.
- Remove leaves from cabbage (10+).
- Place these in kettle with small amount of boiling water.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Mix sausage, beef, salt, egg, rice, and onion together.
- Shape into 10-12 balls and roll each on in a cabbage leaf.
- Place into crock pot, pour on the sauerkraut, tomatoes and water.
- Sprinkle on salt.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Can be baked in a casserole dish in the oven for 2 hours at 300.
Made 40 cabbage rolls,they are delicious.Will sure make them again