1/1 Photo of Cabbage Rolls (Holishkes)
Chef Gerard's Note:
A relatively easy to prepare dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core cabbage and blanch for 12 minutes in boiling salted water.
- 2Remove, cool, and separate large leaves; reserve for formula.
- 3Mix beef, rice, vegetables, seasonings and eggs.
- 4Blend thoroughly, but keep mixture as light as possible.
- 5Scale 2 oz portions of meat mixture.
- 6Place on flattened cabbage leaves, folding ends of cabbage leaves to the center and rolling securely but not too tight as the mixture will expand due to the rice.
- 7Prepare 12 units.
- 8Butter a baking pan and place cabbage rolls close together in the pan.
- 9Combine the balance of the ingredients.
- 10Add additional water to barely cover cabbage rolls, if required.
- 11Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- 12Remove cover and bake 20 more minutes.
- 13Serve with 1 oz sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Rolls (Holishkes)
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.9
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 543.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g