A relatively easy to prepare dish.
Make and share this Cabbage Rolls (Holishkes) recipe from Food.com.
- Core cabbage and blanch for 12 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Remove, cool, and separate large leaves; reserve for formula.
- Mix beef, rice, vegetables, seasonings and eggs.
- Blend thoroughly, but keep mixture as light as possible.
- Scale 2 oz portions of meat mixture.
- Place on flattened cabbage leaves, folding ends of cabbage leaves to the center and rolling securely but not too tight as the mixture will expand due to the rice.
- Prepare 12 units.
- Butter a baking pan and place cabbage rolls close together in the pan.
- Combine the balance of the ingredients.
- Add additional water to barely cover cabbage rolls, if required.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove cover and bake 20 more minutes.
- Serve with 1 oz sauce.