1 hr 40 mins
These are a healthier version of traditional Polish cabbage rolls. If you don't like barley, you can use rice. I make these with turkey to keep the fat content down, but you can use any ground meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry onion, add mushroom and spices and cook until softened.
- 2Cook barley according to package directions.
- 3Mix fried vegetables with raw meat and cooked barley. If using, add soy sauce to taste.
- 4Boil whole head of cabbage in hot water until leaves turn transparent and soften. Remove leaves, one layer at a time and trim off hard area near the core.
- 5Layer cabbage leaves on bottom of lasagna dish (I use the ones that fall apart or are too small to roll).
- 6Fill cabbage leaf with filling, roll up and place seam side down on top of cabbage leaves in lasagna dish.
- 7If serving same day, pour tomato sauce over cabbage rolls and bake at 350F for approximately 40 minute.
- 8If making ahead, bake without tomato sauce at 350F for 20-30 minutes. Day of serving, pour tomato sauce over cabbage rolls and bake for another 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Rolls (Golabki)
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.1
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1899.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.6 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: