Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The hardest part is seperating the cabbage leaves from the head but otherwise a tasty cabbage recipe for 2
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the rice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and egg. Mix well.
- Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, makeing a v-shaped cut.
- Place 1/3 cup beef mixture onto each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of each leaf and then fold in the sides.
- Beginning from the cut end, roll up to completely enclose the filling.
- Place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Pour the tomato juice over the rolls and sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
Loved these! I especially loved that the recipe was geared for 2 servings since I now dine alone. Easy and good. The hardest part of the recipe was getting the cabbage leaves off of the head in one piece, lol. I made as directed, but used V8 rather than tomato juice, as that is what I had on hand. Thanks budgiesntiels for sharing. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet Tag.
These were the best cabbage rolls I've ever made. I followed the recipe exactly and I will continue to make these. Thank you for posting these budgiesntiels.