Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
vegetarian with black beans
Make and share this Cabbage Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Saute seven first ingredients in a large skillet. Allow to cool.
- Boil the whole head of cabbage for 10-15 minutes untill the leaves are soft and pliable. Remove cabbage from the boiling water and rinse under cold water until cool enoug to gently remove leaves one by one until the leaves are uncooked and will tear. Put cabbage head baack into boiling water to repeat the process.
- o the cabbage will not tear when rolling up the filling you can cut the vein right out or carve in untill it is flush with the res of the leaf.
- Lay leaf flaat, put some of the filling on it, roll tightly tucking in the sides so they won't unrovel.
- Place finished rolls into baking dish and add 1 cup chicken broth. Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour. Add pasta sauce and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.