1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g minced lean pork or 400 g minced lean beef
- 1 onion
- 1/8 liter water (from cabbage cooking)
- 1/4 liter chopped cabbage
- 1/4 liter boiled rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/3 liter pan juices
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1Cut the stalk off the cabbage and cook the cabbage in salted water until the leaves are soft.
- 2You can carefully loosen the outer leaves as they soften.
- 3Lift the cooked cabbage onto a large plate to drain.
- 4Loosen the leaves one by one and chop the small inner leaves for the filling.
- 5Finely chop the onion and fry in small amount of oil until translucent but not brown.
- 6Combine the meat, rice, chopped cabbage and seasonings into a smooth mixture.
- 7If the mixture is too thick, add some more of the cabbage cooking water.
- 8Flatten the cabbage leaves.
- 9Lift a good tablespoonful of filling onto the leaf and roll it up tucking the edges round the mixture.
- 10Place the rolls side by side in a baking dish, pour syrup and a little fat over them.
- 11Bake the rolls for 1 hour at 200 °C.
- 12Half way turn the rolls over and baste them every now and then with the cabbage water.
- 13Strain the pan juices and thicken with flour mixed with water.
- 14Add a little cream.
- 15Serve the cabbage rolls with boiled potatoes and lingonberry purée.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 558.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: