Recipe by Lali
This is our "family recipe". These also work well in the crockpot
Top Review by nkoprince08
I've made/eaten "cabbage rolls" before but, this was the first time with the tomatoes and tomato juice. My husband and I thought these were very good. They were even good reheated the next day. We baked ours in the oven at 200 degrees for about 4 to 5 hours. Very good recipe, thanks for posting!!
- 2 medium heads of cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup rice, not cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 quart sauerkraut
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, canned
- 1 can tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix rice and meat.
- Beat eggs and add to meat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- In lg pot of boiling water, parboil both heads of cored cabbage.
- Gently remove each leaf as it is cooked.
- Slice off top of core stem on each leaf so you can roll it up.
- Fill each leaf with lg"meat ball".
- Layer tomatoes, sauerkraut, cabbage roll and repeat until all is used.
- Pour juice over all and cook till done.