Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
I love cabbage, but never liked the other cabbage rolls I ate, so I created this one. Very different from the usual cabbage roll. Try it--you will like it! Not traditional tomato/rice version-but yummy!
- 1 large cabbage
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 13x9 pan.
- Core cabbage, take off outer leaves, and cook in boiling water until tender-crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix meat, bread( that had 1 cup milk on it), onion, egg, salt, and allspice. Beat with electric mixer until fluff--about 10 minutes.
- Place egg-sized mixture on each cabbage leaf, tuck sides in first, then roll up. Put in a buttered pan, seam side down. Brush with butter and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- When done, drain off the juices into a skillet and add all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or glazy. Pour over cabbage rolls and bake 10 minutes more.
Absolutley Fabulous! My husband now requests this! Thanks for posting
HUGE hit in my home! I really liked the sauce, that is why I selected this recipe as I am not a fan of cabbage rolls in tomato sauce but these were amazing! I served them on a bed of fluffy mashed potatoes and it was one of the best meals I have made in awhile.
My family loved this, a lot! I subed hamburger mixed with a can of tomatoe soup, some chopped onion, and 2 slices of bread with a cup of milk for the stuffing. I am making it for the Christmas pot luck I'm going to! Also I didn't have the Yoshidas so I mixed some teryakki with some heavy cream and congac--great!