I love cabbage, but never liked the other cabbage rolls I ate, so I created this one. Very different from the usual cabbage roll. Try it--you will like it! Not traditional tomato/rice version-but yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 13x9 pan.
- Core cabbage, take off outer leaves, and cook in boiling water until tender-crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix meat, bread( that had 1 cup milk on it), onion, egg, salt, and allspice. Beat with electric mixer until fluff--about 10 minutes.
- Place egg-sized mixture on each cabbage leaf, tuck sides in first, then roll up. Put in a buttered pan, seam side down. Brush with butter and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- When done, drain off the juices into a skillet and add all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or glazy. Pour over cabbage rolls and bake 10 minutes more.