Recipe by Julie Leo
I use to make regular cabbage rolls until I found this recipe. This is just easier.
Top Review by woodland hues
The classic standby in lieu of cabbage rolls, pure comfort food for cold evenings, and quick and easy to pull together. Grew up with this and still make it in fall and winter, like just the other day.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chopped cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium high heat until redness is gone.
- Drain off fat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, rice and salt.
- Add meat and mix all together.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour broth over meat mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour.
- Stir, replace cover and bake for another 30 minutes.