Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Presented By: Homeland Foods, Oak Ridge
Make and share this Cabbage Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole cabbage
- 2 lbs raw ground beef or 2 lbs ground veal, etc (your choice)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- fried onions
- 1 egg
- fresh dill, chopped
- tomato paste
- chicken broth or beef broth
- Cut the core out of the whole cabbage.
- Cook the cored cabbage in boiling water until leaves start to separate.
- Meanwhile, mix meat, rice, onions, egg and seasonings together.
- Separate leaves of the cabbage, put one on the bottom of large pot.
- Make cabbage rolls by putting 2 T.
- of the meat filling on a cabbage leaf and rolling up.
- Place all the rolls on top of cabbage leaf in large pot.
- Mix tomato paste with broth and bring to a boil.
- Spoon the boiling mixture over the cabbage rolls, and continue to cook for one hour.