1/3 Photos of Cabbage Roll Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Annette in Texas's Note:
If you love cabbage rolls, this is the soup for you. This recipe makes a very large quantity and freezes very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs leanest ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 quarts chicken stock (unsalted)
- 1 large head of cabbage, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- cooked rice (I prefer Jasmine Rice)
- 1In a large dutch oven, brown the ground beef very well over med high heat; add the onions and garlic, bell peppers and stir over medium high heat for about a minute.
- 2All at once, add herbs, rotel tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a low boil, then add chicken stock.
- 3Cook medium low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- 4Then add the chopped cabbage, cook for 1 hour or until cabbage is very tender, taste before adding salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves.
- 5Serve over cooked rice.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Roll Soup
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 644.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.0 g