Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious and easy soup! Normally hubby and I dislike cooked cabage, but for some reason it's wonderful in this soup!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Brown and drain hamburger. Add onion and cole slaw, cook covered 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, water, brown sugar, and lemon juice and spices.
- Bring to a boil, add rice.
- Reduce heat, simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
Very good.. I added Cajun seasoning and pepper because I felt it was a bit bland. Next time I would cut the brown sugar in half or leave it out completely. Thanks for posting!
This is SO good! I'm not the biggest "cooked" cabbage fan, but this was great! Thanks so much!