I found this recipe on a site called Linda's Low Carb Menus a few years ago when we were low carbin it. I do have to make it without onions, celery, and mushrooms so that the whole family will eat it. My teens love it, hope you enjoy it. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 -4 cups cabbage, chopped, about 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 small mushrooms, chopped, 3 ounces
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1Brown the hamburger, celery and onion in a very large nonstick skillet; drain the fat.
- 2Add the cabbage and butter; cook until the cabbage starts to wilt.
- 3Add the mushrooms and cook until the cabbage and mushrooms are very soft and start to brown slightly.
- 4Season with pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste.
- 5Add the broth and cream; bring to boil and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened. Watch closely so it doesn't boil over or evaporate completely.
- 6Stir in the cheese, then the beaten eggs.
- 7Pour into a greased 10-inch pie plate.
- 8Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes until set.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Roll Pie
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.4
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 212.5 mg
- Sodium 486.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.0 g