Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on a site called Linda's Low Carb Menus a few years ago when we were low carbin it. I do have to make it without onions, celery, and mushrooms so that the whole family will eat it. My teens love it, hope you enjoy it. :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 -4 cups cabbage, chopped, about 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 small mushrooms, chopped, 3 ounces
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Brown the hamburger, celery and onion in a very large nonstick skillet; drain the fat.
- Add the cabbage and butter; cook until the cabbage starts to wilt.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the cabbage and mushrooms are very soft and start to brown slightly.
- Season with pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Add the broth and cream; bring to boil and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened. Watch closely so it doesn't boil over or evaporate completely.
- Stir in the cheese, then the beaten eggs.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes until set.