Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
I have been on a 5-ingredient recipe quest lately, so was delighted to find this qualifing recipe for cabbage roll casserole. This may taste a bit bland to some but you are welcome to spice it up to suit your taste buds. Recipe was found at the TOH website, posted by DaddysKricket.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 soup can water
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice (or a tad more)
- 3 -4 cups cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Brown meat, breaking it up. Drain off the grease. Add salt, pepper, onion and rice as well as the tomato soup and can of water. Mix well.
- Put cabbage in the baking dish. Pour meat mixture over the cabbage but don't stir.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 1 hour. Near the end of the baking time, you may wish to stir contents and let bake a few more minutes.