1 hr 30 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
A variation on my original Cabbage Roll Casserole! This version doesn't have sauerkraut and has a different taste. May be more appealing to some. This Recipe was found at LowCarbFriends.com and has been modified by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Buy pre-shredded cabbage in produce dept., coleslaw mix.
- 2Brown the beef. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- 3Add the salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water.
- 4Bring to a boil and stir in the rice.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, sauté cabbage in butter 'til limp.
- 7Place 1/2 of the cabbage in a greased casserole dish.
- 8Cover with 1/2 of the rice mixture.
- 9Repeat the layers.
- 10Cover and bake in a 350ºF oven for one hour.
- 11Serve with sour cream (OPTIONAL).
- 12May be refrigerated before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Roll Casserole Variation 1
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.3 g