Cabbage Roll Casserole Crock Pot
- Discard the casings from sausage; cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage over med-high heat; drain off any fat, and transfer sausage to crock pot.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes, grate one potato, and dice the other potato.
- Add the potatoes to the crock pot, along with onions, garlic, carrots, chicken stock, tomatoes, dill, caraway seed, celery seeds, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW heat for 7-1/2 hours.
- After the 7 hours of cooking, add in the cabbage, parsley and butter, pushing the cabbage down into the liquid; cook for another 30-60 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.