8 hrs 25 mins
Comfort food at it's best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet Italian sausage links
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 10 ounces chicken stock
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups cabbage, coarsely, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1Discard the casings from sausage; cut into bite-size pieces.
- 2In a large skillet, brown the sausage over med-high heat; drain off any fat, and transfer sausage to crock pot.
- 3Meanwhile, peel potatoes, grate one potato, and dice the other potato.
- 4Add the potatoes to the crock pot, along with onions, garlic, carrots, chicken stock, tomatoes, dill, caraway seed, celery seeds, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 5Cover crock pot and cook on LOW heat for 7-1/2 hours.
- 6After the 7 hours of cooking, add in the cabbage, parsley and butter, pushing the cabbage down into the liquid; cook for another 30-60 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Roll Casserole Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.5
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 1598.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 28.0 g