Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Also called Lazy Mans Cabbage Rolls. Great for taking to a Pot Luck or any large gathering. Never lasts long.
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 -2 clove chopped garlic, to your taste
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- salt and pepper
- Brown the beef, add onion, garlic and seasonings.
- Saute a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 can of tomato sauce.
- Mix rice with meat mixture, cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour small amount of tomato sauce in bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- Place 1/2 the cabbage in bottom.
- Pour small amount of sauce on top of this.
- Layer meat on top and then add remaining cabbage.
- Pour 1-2 cans of tomato sauce on top.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour covered and then remove cover and bake for another 1/2 hour.
I love stuffed cabbage but have advoided even trying to make it because I thought it would be too time consuming(and I am a mom of three!). This was so easy and so yummy! My whole family loved it so much there were not any leftovers...