Cook1 hr 30 mins
A fast alternative for cabbage rolls.
Make and share this Cabbage Roll Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Brown beef, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil and stir in rice.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place 1/2 of the cabbage in a greased baking dish; cover with 1/2 the rice mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- cover and bake in 350 oven for one l hour.
- If desired you can put sauerkraut on top of the layers.
- Another alternative is to use an equivalent amount of tomato juice instead of the sauce and water.