Recipe by Dorel
This recipe was in a box of loose recipes I'd cut out of magazines and newspapers. I'm posting it here so it won't get lost. Update--I made this yesterday and we 3 enjoyed it. I divided it up and put 2 in the freezer. I had more than 3 cups cabbage. I used all of a small head. I also added tomato juice. I didn't bother with the rice, we had it with mashed potatoes. I didn't use the Parmesan cheese either.
- 1 lb ground lean pork or 1 lb beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice
- 3 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In frying pan, brown meat, stirring to break up.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce and cook until golden.
- Pour off all fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and rice.
- Place cabbage in large casserole dish and pour meat mixture over cabbage.
- Cover and bake at 325°F (160°C)for 1 1/2 hours.
- Check after one hour and stir in a little water if necessary, to keep casserole moist.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan (if using)for last 5 minutes of cooking.