1/1 Photo of Cabbage Roll Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was in a box of loose recipes I'd cut out of magazines and newspapers. I'm posting it here so it won't get lost. Update--I made this yesterday and we 3 enjoyed it. I divided it up and put 2 in the freezer. I had more than 3 cups cabbage. I used all of a small head. I also added tomato juice. I didn't bother with the rice, we had it with mashed potatoes. I didn't use the Parmesan cheese either.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In frying pan, brown meat, stirring to break up.
- 2Add onion, pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce and cook until golden.
- 3Pour off all fat.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, water and rice.
- 5Place cabbage in large casserole dish and pour meat mixture over cabbage.
- 6Cover and bake at 325°F (160°C)for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Check after one hour and stir in a little water if necessary, to keep casserole moist.
- 8Sprinkle with Parmesan (if using)for last 5 minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Roll Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 329.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 21.5 g