Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A little time consuming to make but well worth the effort. Low fat and healthy and easy to love.
- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cabbage, all varieties, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chopped cabbage until cabbage is tender.
- Prepare instant rice according to directions to equal 3 cups prepared.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, saute peppers & onions for a few minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Drain.
- Transfer turkey & peppers to a large bowl. Add cooked rice, cooked cabbage, diced tomatoes, canned tomato suace, seasonings.
- Transfer mixture to a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves 8, 1 cup servings.
I changed up the rice to use brown rice and make it even healthier. We loved it a lot!