Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a meal I threw together one night when one of my lady friends came over and being a few days before payday I didn't have money to take her out to eat so I whipped this up with things I had in the house. Now she wants to come over here for dinner all the time so I figured it was good enough to post here!
- 1 head savoy cabbage
- 14 -16 ounces Polish sausage
- 10 -15 pierogies
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons season salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- Cut cabbage into quarters and place into a decent sized pot.
- Add beer, butter, season salt, & mushrooms to cabbage. Cook on medium heat.
- While cabbage is cooking, slice sausage into about 1/8” thick slices.
- Add sausage, onions, garlic, Worcester sauce, & vinegar to a pan. Cook until onions are translucent.
- After sausage mixture is cooked, add mixture to cabbage and continue to cook.
- In a pot, boil pierogies for 5-10 minutes, until they float.
- Drain pierogies then saute in a pan ,with a little bit of oil, until they are a little browned.
- Add pierogies & tomatoes to cabbage mixture and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- - Any type of cabbage can be used but I prefer to use savoy cabbage.
- - Store bought pierogies are alright to use, but nothing beats homemade pierogies.