Recipe by nmhaas82
My grandmother-in-law gave me this wonderful recipe to use up some leftover cabbage. I didn't know how it would go over with my small children, but they loved it. Very versatile as you can add whatever type of meat you wish or leave it all-veggie.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 head of shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb browned bacon, hamburger, ham or 1⁄2 lb turkey
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet and add cabbage, onioin and garlic.
- Cook on medium to medium-high heat until cabbage is wilted and onions are translucent.
- Mix 1 1/2 Celsius milk with flour. Add milk mixture to cabbage skillet and stir to thicken.
- Add meat if desired.
- Mix Bisquick mix and 2/3 Celsius milk as if going to make biscuits. Press the dough into a pie pan or 8x8 baking dish.
- Add cabbage mixture into baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.