Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very good! I cheat with the crust and buy the frozen prepared ones and thaw. Good served with mashed potatoes and a salad.
- Bake pie shell at 375 degrees; cool.
- Spread cream cheese on inside of crust.
- Saute the vegetables in the butter.
- Brown the ground beef and add to vegetables.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Top with the other crust and cut a few vents in the crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Great dish! This is one of those recipes that you just keep wanting another bite. We are on a low carb diet, so I omitted the crusts. I layered the meat, some cream cheese, cabbage and mushrooms, and more cheese in a casserole dish. The flavors were terrific together. The cabbage was a lovely color which was very eye appealing. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Denise. It will definately be on my table again.
I loved this, and my son who would rather die than eat cabbage said it was good too. I used the chive cream cheese and also added garlic, and LOTS of salt and pepper, I like the idea of adding cheese only next time I am going to try maybe mozzarella. This was very tasty and different and I like the fact that it is such a nice big pie with very little effort. I really like this recipe. Thanks!
WOW! how could something so easy to make taste soooo good? The only things I added to this recipe were fresh garlic, minced banana peppers and sharp cheddar cheese. It was a huge hit and everyone wanted the recipe.