Recipe by Denise in NH
Very good! I cheat with the crust and buy the frozen prepared ones and thaw. Good served with mashed potatoes and a salad.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Great dish! This is one of those recipes that you just keep wanting another bite. We are on a low carb diet, so I omitted the crusts. I layered the meat, some cream cheese, cabbage and mushrooms, and more cheese in a casserole dish. The flavors were terrific together. The cabbage was a lovely color which was very eye appealing. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Denise. It will definately be on my table again.
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 ounces cream cheese (I use cream cheese with chives)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pie shell at 375 degrees; cool.
- Spread cream cheese on inside of crust.
- Saute the vegetables in the butter.
- Brown the ground beef and add to vegetables.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Top with the other crust and cut a few vents in the crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.