Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple Czech recipe. Especially good if you've got some left over cabbage.
- 3 slices bacon (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 cups fried chopped cabbage
- 2 knockwurst, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (approximately)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Fry bacon until cooked through and add to cabbage.
- Add knockwurst, salt, pepper, eggs, and enough bread crumbs to form a semi firm dough.
- Shape into desired size patties (I get about 4), roll in flour and cook in oil over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Usually about 5-7, minutes each side depending on size.