Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy, hearty stew. Adapted from Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 7 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, celery and onion and drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until cabbage and carrots are tender.
Thanks for making a fantastic lunch for me. This is delicious. I used lean groud beef, so there was not much fat to drain. I frizzled the cabbage in the little grease there was. MMMM.
What a lovely simple meal to put together, I made a half batch & used a can of tomato soup in place of the sauce, served with recipe #325365 this made a fuss free meal that even toddler DD ate. Thanks!
I made this in my crock pot. I used about 1 lb of hanburger and browned it befor putting everything in the crockpot for about 8 hours on low. Turned out very nice, but needs a little spice. I added a few dashes of hot sauce at the table and that helped alot. Makes a huge batch, completly filled my 5 Qt crock. Great healthy meal, thanks for posting the recipe.