Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is courtesy of my friend Paula in Dahlonega.It's easy and great on a cold night. For convenience sake, I've been known to use a bag of coleslaw instead of shredding the cabbage.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Brown ground beef.
- Add cabbage, bell pepper and onion, cook until onions are tender.
- Add enough water just to cover, then add tomatoes, beans, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Remove lid and top with cheese.