Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very warm soothing flavour. (A freezable soup too!) NOTE: Updated Feb 19/09. I just discovered how to edit these recipes and am sorry for any ruined soups because of my "2 tablespoons of salt" addition. It should be more like "2 teaspoons of salt". To be safe, you may even omit the salt and simply add it to personal bowls for taste.
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- Mix all ingredients prepared as listed above.
- Simmer 30-40 minutes.
Against my better judgment I added the two tablespoons of salt listed in the recipe. That amount made it inedible, ruining the whole pot. All of those wonderful ingredients wound up down the disposal.