Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love cole slaw! Here's a new recipe from Taste of Home, tweaked just a little!
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups fresh parsley, minced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (I use artificial bacon bits)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (or more to your taste)
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, parsley, celery, scallions and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, lemon juice and sugar. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Enjoy!
A salad I made to take with us to the beach yesterday. I reduced it by half as I wanted to bring a selection of salads and sandwiches. This was gone in minutes. I did leave out the bacon as I wasn't in the mood to fry any up when I was making it. Mixed it up, packed it and kept it in the cooler until ready to serve. Everyone loved it.
Delicious coleslaw which we enjoyed with The Grouper Club Sandwich recipe#151121 -- they just naturally went perfectly together! The only change I made in the coleslaw was skipping the bacon and using a bit less parsley - my garden just didn't produce quite as much as I expected -- delish anyways! Thanks for sharing this keeper!