Recipe by Sharon123
I love cole slaw! Here's a new recipe from Taste of Home, tweaked just a little!
Top Review by evelyn/athens
A salad I made to take with us to the beach yesterday. I reduced it by half as I wanted to bring a selection of salads and sandwiches. This was gone in minutes. I did leave out the bacon as I wasn't in the mood to fry any up when I was making it. Mixed it up, packed it and kept it in the cooler until ready to serve. Everyone loved it.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups fresh parsley, minced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (I use artificial bacon bits)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (or more to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, parsley, celery, scallions and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, lemon juice and sugar. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Enjoy!