Recipe by Tasses
Given to me by a friend who NEVER cooks anything, it doesn't get much easier than this. These are great on the grill, but can be done in the oven too. ***I have altered cooking times as I see that they were too long and made sure to clarify that the bacon has to be cut into pieces and separated...
- 1 head cabbage, large
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped and separated
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cabbage into six 2" thick slices.
- Lay each slice on individual sheets of foil (approximately double the size of the cabbage slice).
- Top with thick onion slice, 1 T butter, and 1/6 of the bacon pieces.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Seal foil into packet.
- Grill at 375 for 30 minutes .
- P.S. This can also be made as a casserole in a 13x9 glass pan sealed in foil, baking at 350 for 30 minutes.