Recipe by Sidd
A nice combination of sweet and tart. My sister makes this for all our family gatherings.
Top Review by Sudie
I used half a head of regular cabbage that I had hanging around. Otherwise, I stuck to the original recipe. It was a big hit. I was nervous about the amount of sugar, but it wasn't over-powering. This type of recipe is really my "thing", but the rest of the family was as enthusiastic as I was about it. We all had several helpings, even DD, who hates cabbage! Thanks, Sly Girl!!
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 packages ramen noodles, reserve 1 flavor packet for dressing
- 1 head Chinese cabbage
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute in butter, sesame seeds and noodles (broken apart).
- Stir until browned.
- Set aside.
- Slice cabbage thinly and onion into large bowl.
- Add sesame seed-noodle mixture and almonds.
- Mix together.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over cabbage mixture.